Wednesday, October 07, 2020

saaby mcsaabface

 

I know it's one of those very corny old man things that makes the world go round, but I do have a lot of affection for my Saab just as I have a lot of affection for my Brompton, which has got a little more action lately after being folded inconspicuously in the laundry for a year or so, anyway, the brakes on the Saab went last week, completely, as I was driving to Triple S motors and I had to call a tow truck, but I got the call today to say it would only cost $620 so that's OK. 

When your brakes go, well, I hope it never happens to you but it fucking messes with you and I think I have a little ptsd over it but like a lot of car-related emergency horrors when you're in the moment you just deal with it. It's only later you think about what awful things might have gone wrong.  

No comments:

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...