Wednesday, October 14, 2020

more cat shit

As mentioned earlier, this is Nancy yesterday being naughty on the mantlepiece and she did actually knock the little plastic dinosaur off the mantlepiece onto my head, what a pain in the arse. Strangely I find that so far, if I grab her and put her on the couch once that's all I need to do for the day - she doesn't get back up or anything. It's kind of annoying though because I don't know if she has a strong set of feelings about what is and isn't acceptable to knock off the mantlepiece. I.e. the quartz quail could kill me, but that said, I think it's too heavy for her to move and stay stable on the shelf at the same time. We'll see. 

I stayed in bed until around 1:30 today working on my next book - look at all these photocopies of things I gathered probably 15-20 years ago and haven't looked at since (but I am surprised about the ways they've informed me since that time, and I keep coming across images I still use in lectures - so weird). Anyway Helmi was my companion, and she periodically was like 'well, great to spend time with you but now I'm going to go to sleep' but she is not quite ready to get under the bedclothes when there's a big person in the bed, until it gets too much, and then finally she went in and she held my foot - I am not kidding - she held my foot like it was her companion sibling in the womb, it was way too gorgeous.

Just so Nancy isn't the baddie of this 'story' I want to add that Nancy then came and hung out with me for half an hour or so purring and kind of thinking I was great, until I scratched inside her ear, something that she normally loves but in this instance I think it was just way too much for her, like too much of an experience or perhaps even too intimate, and she had to go back to her normal bed. But it has been a good cat day even if nothing else happens.

No comments:

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...