Sunday, October 11, 2020

a very individual stables


I bought this little stables at the short-lived Abbotsford trash and treasure in about May 2013. I know this because I was just getting to know Sophie Perillo at the time and I told her on fb messenger that I had been there (and, I guess, bought this) and she said she lived nearby (we met in April 2013 and were good friends by mid-year). I also remember buying this and the guy that sold it to me said 'someone made that', as though it was a sign of distinction. I suppose he meant someone made that as opposed to, that was made in a factory by a robot. But that's fine. I like it a lot. I generally swap the inhabitants around, and usually the dog and the dinosaur are in the open area on the right. But in the last few weeks, for another of those unknowable reasons, Nancy has decided that a good way to get my attention is getting on the mantlepiece and stick her paw into that space and either try to get them out, or just make a noise at which I will invariably stand up and look her in the eye and then pick her up and put her on the couch. She doesn't try a second time so I suppose that's the point of the exercise. 

The quartz quail is from Hunter Gatherer in Brunswick and I am very fond of it, too. I've had it a lot longer. 

Looking at real estate photos as I was yesterday made me realise I am not the only person on earth who home decorates with kitschy rubbish that has sentimental associations only for me. I still reckon I fucking rock at it though. 

No comments:

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...