Sunday, October 04, 2020

it's raining heavily

 

This is a decent end to an overwarm (but not oppressively so) day. The birds outside are going mental and I don't know what their excitement is all about, whether it's like 'fantastic, love this, two talons* up' or 'what the actual fuck, only been alive a few months, is this how the world is now?' 

* I really thought wikipedia would have a massive entry on talons which would tell me what, if anything, was the bird version of a thumb, but ffs, they don't even have an entry on talons, except as the word relates to fucked up things like computer games (oh, and in case you were looking for Tallinn... jeez louise!). Instead the real talon is just a subsection of 'claw'. Lame. 

No comments:

is it a bear

Duolingo drives me mad, for instance when it tells me that varovainen is a 'weak word' for me. It's not. I know it means 'ca...