Saturday, October 10, 2020

charlie in the grass, ten years ago

This is the long-departed Charlie, a photo I found recently on a USB, it appears to have been taken ten years ago today. She was such a difficult dog, who had had a bad childhood, and she was often aggressive with other dogs and people, so uncommon in a beagle. But she also had a very tender and loyal aspect to her, which can be the saving grace of many bad-tempered dogs - and it's not really bad-temperedness, of course, it's fear and also sometimes (misplaced?) bravery. She treated Barry very badly in his early days. But I do miss her, she was a character to say the least and I know she loved me, which is all I care about I guess, oh, and I loved her too. 

No comments:

is it a bear

Duolingo drives me mad, for instance when it tells me that varovainen is a 'weak word' for me. It's not. I know it means 'ca...