Thursday, November 26, 2020

walking

Sometime last week I read an article, probably in the New York Times, by somebody who decided early in the pandemic to walk 20 000 steps a day and has never felt better or happier. So I thought fuck it. That's what I'll do, since someone I have never heard of before recommends it. I mean, if it means I feel better and happier then, yeah. So since last Friday I have walked 100 000 steps and my feet are tingly and I feel really really tired every day and also a bit baffled and sore. I assume the whole thing is doing me good. 

Every day I feel like I've lost weight but that's mainly because I realised that the bathroom scales instead of being set at 0kg was set at something like 8kg.

I wrote the above on Wednesday but got too tired and went to sleep.

Then I woke up around 4am and got interested in show called Hippies and remembered I had to (co-)write an article about Big Things (eg Big Pineapple) before the end of the week. 

But first, I have to get some purchase on my 20 000 steps so it's off to Royal Park. Ouch.

1 comment:

John Weeks said...

Good luck with this. I've tried to go for 10K steps a day consistently over the last year. One side effect is a lot of early morning photos.

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...