Saturday, November 07, 2020

bats cats cleaning

I woke up at about 2 I think, tried to read some of the Tom Uren biography (work thing), Nancy came and hung out on the bed even though Helmi was being a trafalgar square lion elsewhere on same, scrolled through the newspapers of course (no change to election result except NY Times which never accepted Arizona prediction is now smug that Arizona might ultimately go to Republicans).*

Still not able to sleep so got up, ironed four shirts, cleaned kitchen surfaces, rearranged shopping bags in shopping bag drawer, stacked dishwasher, put some clothes on clothes rack, saw and heard bats outside window, potted some plants, wrote this. 

Hope to be asleep again by 5 am. 

*It really fries my hide that the Republicans are so often called the G.O.P. - it just seems embarrassing and cheesy. I am also irritated that when, for instance, you look up G.O.P. in wikipedia you get nothing but a redirection to 'Republican Party', as though that is just plain old natural. I tried to look up G.O.P. in newspapers.com but of course the OCR picked up all kinds of similarities to other things mainly GOD and I can't be bothered (though I saw that it was a very common term even 120 years ago, used in US newspapers then without any explanation or context). 

No comments:

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...