Sunday, November 22, 2020

sunday walk

Walked to the market. For once and just for fun I went to the weird traffic island at what used to be the thriving intersection known as the Haymarket. Now it's the kind of junction you avoid if you can, because it's puke. 
Speaking of puke, what is this stuff coming out of the building site just south of there. People could slip over in that puke. 
You know I never really thought much about the street cafe scene on the Victoria st side of the QVM, but I guess it's here. Now I don't eat bread, barely eat pasta, etc etc I have no special reason to go to the delicatessen section of the market. And for that matter I wasn't all that tempted by the other stuff - just bought a cauliflower, some broccoli, some carrots, I forget what else. 
This is coming back through campus and crossing Grattan St, looking down towards the hospital direction. 
They've gutted the building known as the ERC - I read some grand Victorian (-era) novels here ten or more years ago and now it's a husk. 

 I did some more walking later but it was even less interesting than this walking, sorry. 

No comments:

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...