Tuesday, November 03, 2020

outrage


Poor Nancy! The double indignity/outrage of having your flea treatment (she h-a-t-e-s that) and then the flat got vacuumed. Otherwise she would not have retreated to the bedroom, indeed, the farthest corner of the flat possible aside from behind-the-washing machine (Helmi's retreat of choice). With the flea treatment, she was lying in her bed and when I grabbed her and applied it on the back of the neck, as one does, she lay there in paralysed shock for a while. I figured in for a penny... and I did the vacuuming as well. I don't know how she's going to get over this... except I know it usually takes about an hour and she'll be back with a 'what's up?' bounce in her step. 

I gave Helmi her flea treatment as well, she was in bed, she flinched but didn't flee. 

Today is going to be a hot day.

Yesterday was an interesting day because for the first time in fuck knows how long I barely looked at fb. I made a conscious effort not to look at it (mainly by just having messenger open in a tab on my computer). I'd like to say I didn't look at it at all, but there were a few accidental strayings in that direction, where I'd be like - oh, what am I doing (I often use it as a palate cleanser or reset). But every time I thought 'I'll just check on the peeps' I then though 'no! they don't need you any more than you need them.' It's true too. 

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...