Friday, November 20, 2020

thank god, he's back to cats


I have never seen this cat so relaxed. I would not be surprised actually if she had only just learnt to lie like this. Oddly enough she was curled up next to me and I said her name and she started flicking her tail, then she decided to do this. It's no biggie in the scheme of things in the world but she is a super-highly strung animal and I think it's great that she feels secure enough to lie flat. I had to take this picture with my computer as my phone is charging in the kitchen. Hence the slightly odd angle sorry. I hope you can't see how dirty the cats make my sheets. But you know I drew your attention to it so it can't bother me that much.

I can hear the people downstairs' baby crying. It's weird how I can only hear this at certain times of the day, is it because the baby only cries sometimes, or is it an acoustic ambience thing? 

Oh by the way I think Nancy is on the floor, in a patch of sunlight. That's her morning. We are all very attuned to each other in this house whether we like it/each other or not. Nancy will prioritise sunlight over anything and everything, and can't help meowing in what I assume is pleasure (god, I hope it's not discomfort/sadness/pain) as she [what's a less tortuous-sounding word than 'writhes?] in it. 

No comments:

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...