Sunday, November 15, 2020

vinyls

 

It is already known that I have become a vinyl pervert but I am less enamoured of singles, which I never play. I want to keep most of them because they have songs on them I need and that makes sense anyway if I keep doing radio by which I mean, if I go back to radio in the future. However I did retrieve a bunch of singles from under the house at Lorraine and decided to check a few up on discogs just to see what was worth money. I was pretty amazed and you'll be horrified when I tell you that rarity/collectability is actually not that correlated to quality. I will happily offload some of the shittier early 80s indie records in my pile, not least because I know that in a couple of years the enthusiasm will die and no-one will be even remotely interested in them. There were also a few things (eg the Triffids' Bad Timing EP) I had two copies of, so even though that's not worth that much (about $30), it has no special use to me in duplicate. I also found a pile of things I'm basically just going to shove in a brotherhood bin this evening when I go for a long walk. 

The illustration by the way is of the 'keep' pile, for what it's worth. 

No comments:

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...