Sunday, November 08, 2020

i guess it's a historical moment...

That's right at the beginning of this year who would have thought that I would have produced a (graphic) novel from woah to go in six months or whatever. On the old Smash Hits rubric of ten readers for every purchase (always thought that was spurious btw) I am imagining fifty readers? Anyway as has been clear from my postings on this over the last few months I have greatly enjoyed the challenge, and it's been a great creative project.

 
As mentioned I am onto the next thing already, writing up an outline for the second one (most of that storyline I think will be discarded, it was too huge and shaky, but I like some of the weird peripheral elements and I think I will get there). Meanwhile, I am keeping my hand in with a little project that will be part of a small comic book I'm putting together with some of my favourite comic artists including of course myself. I kept this strip controlled and very focused ('single-camera') and the story/joke is self-contained and in some ways corny but I can live with that. I am pleased with the drawing this time (though it's too early really to make that assessment really I guess. 

Well we'll see. Tell me if you want one when it's done. In the meantime, the ancient pondering stone figures of Parkville continue to mystify scientists. Why were they constructed and what are they meant to convey? 

'Blah'

2 comments:

Wayne Davidson said...

Great to see it's on the way. I'd love a copy when it's done.

Person I want to be said...

I want one ._.

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...