Friday, April 03, 2009

it rained today

You would not believe the rain today. I was up late last night writing a lecture and so I didn't get to work until 11:30. On the way in (I was driving the Honda, which leaks - or at least it hasn't leaked for years, because it hasn't been in the rain for years) a thunderstorm hit. I guess I have said this more and more lately because we have had a bit of precipitation, but it's still true - people still don't remember how to behave in rain! So when I got to campus people were running hither and thither with genuine fear and confusion on their faces; I heard one girl say 'my shoes!' Personally once again I had cause to appreciate the value of sloth; I had left a raincoat in the back of the car about a year ago. My feet still got wet though ('my shoes!') because of course the drains are all backed up with old leaves and so on so the roads become rivers. Anyway, it was all pretty nice. Didn't seem to do much for the water tank mind. But it's supposed to rain all week, on and off.

3 comments:

Ann ODyne said...

the "my shoes!" chick was probably wearing those soft flat babyshoes currently en vogue, and not really Outdoor footwear.

Is the leaking Honda a soft-top or a sunroof? hey what's a little water? Glastonbury, Woodstock ...
MY skin is waterproof.

David Nichols said...

Yeah it was fine. I was a bit worried about how I'd look in the 2:30 meeting but no-one said anything.

Not one to gossip said...

but their twitter comments are kind of scathing, so sorry.

weekend

I just get so tired. I have been extremely exhausted on weekends recently. But it might be because of the heatwaves.  So, see below. Do you ...