Thursday, April 30, 2009

apropos of nothing

A marvellous song from Utopia, written and sung by Todd Rundgren, one of my favourite ballads ever and, gosh, I love ballads (if they're good).

I bought Todd's latest album Arena a few months ago sort of out of sentimentality but I have really come to enjoy it greatly. This was not a foregone conclusion but it's getting a lot of play on my ipod. This is probably my favourite song from the album (this live version doesn't quite capture the sharp and dense sound of the record - how could it - but it has its own appeal):


And, well, why not...


I suppose you could say, 'why not? because of the eyebrows, that's why not, and now I'm going to have nightmares'. I see your point.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where's my pink flamingos?
You know my address.
You know my number.
still waiting but ITS ALL GOOD, ITS ALL GOOD.
S.

David said...

Oh yeah I digitised the first album but I have to cut up the tracks into single files. It's on my to-do list.

aretha said...

Earning money online never been this easy and transparent. You would find great tips on how to make that dream amount every month. So go ahead and click here for more details and open floodgates to your online income. All the best.