Thursday, April 30, 2009

apropos of nothing

A marvellous song from Utopia, written and sung by Todd Rundgren, one of my favourite ballads ever and, gosh, I love ballads (if they're good).

I bought Todd's latest album Arena a few months ago sort of out of sentimentality but I have really come to enjoy it greatly. This was not a foregone conclusion but it's getting a lot of play on my ipod. This is probably my favourite song from the album (this live version doesn't quite capture the sharp and dense sound of the record - how could it - but it has its own appeal):


And, well, why not...


I suppose you could say, 'why not? because of the eyebrows, that's why not, and now I'm going to have nightmares'. I see your point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where's my pink flamingos?
You know my address.
You know my number.
still waiting but ITS ALL GOOD, ITS ALL GOOD.
S.

David Nichols said...

Oh yeah I digitised the first album but I have to cut up the tracks into single files. It's on my to-do list.

weekend

I just get so tired. I have been extremely exhausted on weekends recently. But it might be because of the heatwaves.  So, see below. Do you ...