Sunday, January 22, 2012

peggy seeger


Last night we went to see Peggy Seeger at the Oakleigh Caravan and it was an inspiration. The audience was a sedate bunch of older people (over 60s mainly I am guessing) and they did not mind a singalong, which suggests to me they might have been folk afficianados from way back, but I might just be romanticising. PS to my mind was best when playing her clawhammer banjo, but also marvellous with her long-bodied acoustic guitar. By the time she got to the piano it was more whimsy than anything. Some songs she sang a capella. She had some truisms in a looseleaf folder which she recited occasionally. I enjoyed it very much.

There were two young drunks (a man and a woman) up the back near us who were whooping and stomping and interjecting, much to the intense fury of others around. I found them annoying too but I found the response to them even stranger. PS was, I think, oblivious.

2 comments:

boy moritz said...

There I thought you were doing a postscript to your mind.

faizy said...

nice post

return of the tree pants

  Well, actually these aren't returning they're new, and the tree never went anywhere, it's unable to do anything about this ind...