Sunday, August 14, 2005

a nice night's entertainment

Ashtray Boy, Muddy Spurs and Flywheel last night. The official debut of myself and Nicole in Ashtray Boy. I think I played better than I had hoped to, although there were problems with not being able to hear other instruments on stage (on the most difficult song of all, all I could hear was white noise and Randall's vocals - bizarre). But no-one amongst the general public was unhappy (or at least those who were kept it to themselves). People were very complimentary about Nicole's contribution, which (I agree) give the songs an extra je ne sais quoi. Actually I do sais quoi. Extra trombone and farfisa. Flywheel did an old Gavin Butler song 'King of Lilliput' and an old Reguiero-McKelvie/Gorman number 'Out of Control' as sung by Greg Wadley, with a whole lot of their usual great tunes. The Muddy Spurs were as usual a lot of fun.

No comments:

weekend

I just get so tired. I have been extremely exhausted on weekends recently. But it might be because of the heatwaves.  So, see below. Do you ...