Monday, August 15, 2005

starstruck

Michelle Cannane gave me Starstruck for my birthday and Mia and I watched it last night. What a great film. I particularly loved the part where Angus and the Wombats do the big musical number in the corridors of the tv studio (to a Bill Miller song!) - I think this is the first time a song is sung in the film that's not in a performance situation (though Jo Kennedy never uses a microphone whatever her mode, so there's an established unreality already) - but when they do their dancing sometimes things get in the way, so you can't see all of what they're doing, and you end up thinking: (1) they are just doing this for themselves (2) things aren't always easy and straightforward. I like things that make me think (2). It's a real wake up call for me.

Mental as Anything are supposed to be in it but I didn't notice them at all. Where were they?

No comments:

weekend

I just get so tired. I have been extremely exhausted on weekends recently. But it might be because of the heatwaves.  So, see below. Do you ...