Tuesday, August 23, 2005

catwoman

I was intrigued by the prospect of seeing Catwoman solely because Adrian Martin thought it was brilliant and the entire remaining population of the world hated it. Not having Martin's review to hand (except the short extract blurbed on the dvd box) I didn't really make full use of my Catwoman experience, in fact I was drawing for most of the time I was watching it (yes, I am still on that 'graphic novel' - how I hate that term - 2 hours of Catwoman earned me three frames, I spent an hour or so on a restaurant scene but it doesn't look it).

Anyway on its own terms it's a pretty straightforward, uninteresing piece of work. It's sad that the last few minutes are so set up for a sequel, which plainly would never happen even if all the actors and filmmakers in the world died except for the ones that worked on Catwoman. Well, maybe then, but only then.

No comments:

weekend

I just get so tired. I have been extremely exhausted on weekends recently. But it might be because of the heatwaves.  So, see below. Do you ...