Saturday, May 21, 2005

say it loud again

I can't believe that in his book Jimmy Barnes says his wife had to be moved from a hospital because of golden staff infection. I'm serious. Page 78. I note from the internet that co-author Alan Whiticker is more commonly found writing books about rugby. But who knows, maybe Alan did a good job and Jimmy rewrote it to read more working class (this is an obsession of his).

Surely the most obnoxious thing about this foul work is the title - purloined by one James B from another - but seriously, Jimmy, did it occur to you that the second line of that song might not directly relate to the world of Barnes?

I just walked back from Glenroy, in just under an hour; if I'd gone via Pascoe Vale Rd it probably would only have been half an hour but I chose to go through old Jacana. There was (is) a garage sale on at Fox Ct but as far as I was concerned, not very good. They did have a record player that I thought about for a short while but I would only want it to give to my sister and I am not sure she'd want to have it in the house.

Mia and I had been in Glenroy to get breakfast at Dairy Queen. I had a foccaccia and she had breakfast no. 2. Dairy Queen is festooned with remants of its previous incarnations. In the 80s it was a 'food centre'.

I am exhausted, we didn't get to bed until 4 or was it 5 and Mia's cousin rang at 10.

No comments:

return of the tree pants

  Well, actually these aren't returning they're new, and the tree never went anywhere, it's unable to do anything about this ind...