Wednesday, August 05, 2020

i had a dream

I had a dream that I was temporarily living in a house in Camberwell (airbnb?) and Helmi was jumping around me trying to wake me up (that much of the dream was based in reality, she really was) and then I woke up (in the dream) and realised I had been burgled, and left the bedroom, and I was trying to find my phone to call the police, but I thought it was by my bed, but I didn't want to go back to the bed because the burglar might still be in the house and get away (I wasn't scared - I wanted to catch them) and then I went into the living room and the burglar was there, he was a young man a bit shorter than me in a dark grey top, wiry curly hair, and facing away from me, and I yelled at him and he disappeared and I went out into the street, which was very wide, with huge trees either side and it was a nice, sunny day with people around, and the burglar was nowhere to be seen but I looked back and there was a much grander house next door to the one I was living in, and it was a national Danish day, and all these people were in 18th century clothes, and a woman in a big pink dress came up to me and said, are you here for the celebrations (or something like that) and I said no, I live in that house and I've been burgled and she said, oh no, that's not possible (reassuring me condescendingly) and I thought she had a skin condition then I realised she had sugar all over her face, she'd been eating some kind of sugary cake. It was one of those dreams where I had to really talk myself into waking up for real.

No comments:

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...