Thursday, August 27, 2020

dogs







Ferdie is often prone to running away when he's not on the lead, which is a hassle and dangerous for him. But the weird thing is that when he's on the lead, he doesn't seem to care much at all. It occurred to me how much I'm projecting this idea that he comes back from a walk when he's on the lead all the time, going 'damn it, call that a walk, I did nothing and went nowhere' whereas in fact he seems entirely not to care. It just makes me wonder what he thinks 'agency' really is. Does the fact that he will run away when he's not on the lead mean that he understands freedom and values it? Or is he completely ambivalent, and just floats through the world with either a restraint or no restraint? 

Barry, on the other hand, is a good boy. 

No comments:

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...