Thursday, June 11, 2020

you wouldn't know me now

Yesterday I went to Sunshine to get my hair cut. I regretted the trip straight away because the traffic - even going westwards at 3pm - was diabolical and everyone's, you know, back in force on the roads but with a lot of time-wasting to catch up on. So it was a bit of a schlep. Funnily enough though I went through it all with a grim resignation to the idea that at the end of the trip I would have to wait forever at the barbers for my haircut but no. There was only one other person there.

Funny: the barber asked me how often I got my hair cut (it had probably been about five months because - like a lot of people - I was staying away from the hairdresser firstly because of the law and secondly because of the assumption they would be closed). I said usually, every couple of months. He said 'oh but you've been too busy, right?'

So many questions - principally, 'you mean you've been here cutting people's hair all along?' Actually I had this idea that if you had your hair cut in a way that looked professional the police might legitimately stop and question you about it!

Anyway I now have quite a severe haircut which is fine by me but just to add to the severity of my experience this morning Helmi jumped across my face (she really has no idea about these things, or maybe she does) and scratched my nose, evoking so much blood I had to get up and change the bedclothes. If she's capable of learning, she might learn not to cut me, because she is so distressed when I change the bedclothes - because the bed is her sanctuary and when it's bare she's like naked in the street. She meows, runs around, tries to (for instance) crawl under the fitted sheet, etc. It's pretty bizarre. When I finally made the bed she couldn't find out how to get in it, either, though I think she must have by now because I haven't seen her for 20 minutes. I mean yes I do lift up the blanket for her and she will go in but she can't stand the feeling of the covers coming down on her back so she comes out again. There's a very precise process here and it has to be followed.

Anyway, off to walk the dogs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At this time I am going away to do my breakfast, after having
my breakfast coming again to read additional news.

today's pants