Friday, June 26, 2020

saab (so awful, absolutelyun bearable)


I am very hos before bros and also usually mainly cats before cars, but I do love my car. It drives nice and it looks nice, and it has good quirks. I don't treat it as well as I should but I do send it my thoughts and prayers. Anyway so I had a PhD consultation this afternoon which I drove to because I thought I would do shopping after, and I did, then imagine my distress when I got back from the supermarket at north melbourne (that is still a hilarious supermarket btw) to find my car key was basically bent in half. Serious! The picture above is me trying to straighten it out, in case somehow its molecules would mysteriously align and it would become straight and firm again but no. 

I took a cab back from NM with my shopping and I was racking my brain - did I have a spare key? I thought I did - but I also seemed to remember keeping it in my office at work, which I am not permitted to go to at the moment. Crazy. Well I could spin this story out in a clever way if I was so inclined clever but I'll just tell you. I actually had brought the spare home. I'd forgotten that I had but just once, just once, I'd actually done something in my own interest. Still, when I took the picture below, I was approaching my car again in the car park with trepidation because I was only 97.3% certain I had the spare, and only 89.9% sure that it'd work. It did though. So my dumplings didn't thaw (maybe they did a bit but I'm sure they'll refreeze fine) and my $1 pizza bases from Cheaper Buy Miles didn't turn into mouldy frisbees. THE END


No comments:

today's pants