Sunday, June 28, 2020

mindhunter/motivationhunter



OK so ten pages in two days? I've done three pages in 24 hours. 

Last night I was listening to records but today I'm semi-watching Netflix, I've finally found an almost bearable tv show, called Mindhunter. Like the best police procedural/thriller shows-books, the murder is just the thread that keeps you focused, it's the 'world' that's the really fun bit. I have no idea of the relevance of the setting of this show (American non-places) but the time is way cool, 1977+. When I say way cool, I mean, it's a time period that the world hasn't quite entirely grappled with yet. Music in the background = 10CC's 'I'm not in Love', Walter Murphy and the Big Apple Band's 'A Fifth of Beethoven', uh I forget what else. I am having trouble following it though because I'm really more interested in getting these pages done. And blogging to you about it. 

* update: it's now nearly 7pm and I have got five 'inked' pages, and seven pencilled pages, none of them have been lettered yet. But clearly I will get them done tonight, and that will bring my page count up to 25 contiguous pages, and about eight others from later on. That's not terrible, but still, I have two months left to do this, and it's not going to be straightforward (it's taken me, say, four months to get a third of the thing done). 

No comments:

today's pants