Monday, March 25, 2024

saturday walk






On Saturday Joni, Perry and I went for a walk in the Gresswell Conservation Reserve not looking for anything much aside from to find out what was there. Guess what! Nature. Also, as above, a large concrete (1912) tank designed apparently by John Monash. Classy. There is very little evidence otherwise of what used to be there:

...and additionally, there have been quite a few new streets built in amongst what is now apparently regenerated bushland (I have no idea what it was like 60 years ago when the various hospitals/sanitoria were there). 

The kangaroos (yes there are two) in the first picture were just near the corner of Bendoran and Coronation on the left of the map, probably close to the dotted line. Otherwise I'm super confused about where anything is relative to the above 1966 map.

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...