Sunday, March 10, 2024

in which I hit a new low on self-obsessed venting

But only a new low for me, I say in my own defence. Anyway, I don't know why I was in this stupid facebook group (yeah, I'll call it stupid now I've been booted out) but it got up my nose that they made a little post about the Magazine single 'Rhythm of Cruelty' and claimed the song was 'penned' by John McGeoch and Barry Adamson. Well, McGeoch and Adamson wrote the music, but Howard Devoto wrote the words. So I felt the need, for no good reason, to point this out. There then ensued an argument between myself and a fellow member who seemed to think I was debating that to 'pen' meant to write/compose; in fact this was how the original anonymous poster reset the terms - that 'pen' meant to write music. I mean this is demonstrably untrue. Anyway, the last person in this exchange, whose name I have scratched out, then went on to tell me (this is cute) to 'F. O.' because I was wrong about the meaning of 'pen', and that everyone knows to 'pen' is to 'write' something. Some more argy ensued accompanied by some bargy and then, as far as I can tell, I was booted out.* Works for me my dudes. 

 *I realised later that I wasn't booted out, it was just fb being glitchy. There was more rancour. The other party has not conceded defeat as of 11/3. I have to not get involved in these idiotic arguments with nobody. 

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...