Tuesday, July 26, 2005

painting suxs

Well, I have done a second coat on the bathroom and the toilet, both of which needed it but neither of which - surprisingly - was at all enjoyable. Still, something else I can cross off the list. I was just about to take the dogs out, it's sunnier than ever but it has also started raining heavily. Might as well do the dishes and see what develops.

At least my hands are covered in white paint so I look like I have been doing something valid in the real world.

The rain was going in sharp diagonals, then it switched to straight downwards, now it has virtually petered out. Mia could tell me what that was all about.

(By the way, what does one actually call the room the toilet is in to distinguish it from the toilet itself? I had a problem with this describing what I had painted to Shane, who is in any case not of this world. I personally feel that 'toilet' is one of those idiotic metaphors like 'sex'; both of them are stand-in 'nice' words which have come to mean something a little more cutting-edge than that for which they were originally employed, but in both cases they're bullshit. I don't want any of you to tell me you had sex in the toilet, alright? You fucked in the dunny and that' s it. No wonder I had to paint it.)

10 comments:

bls said...

we call it the bathroom.

Anonymous said...

Install a bidet already!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Kel Richards would have an absolutely fascinating explanation.

Anonymous said...

However, as it may be a while till Kel discusses this, anonymous will hazard an explanation.

If toilet is in room by itself within house wouldn't you refer to this room as the water closet and if toilet is located with shower and bath and basin the room is called the bathroom. If toilet is located outside, isn't the room referred to as outhouse or shithouse.

I feel I have been sullied by this conversation but tis a far better thing

Anonymous said...

Lorraine is a publisher of lies

David Nichols said...

Surely the bathroom is where the bath is? This is a room with just a toilet in it. And installing a bidet is only going to confuse the issue, not to mention make it crowded in there.

David Nichols said...

Of course you do not call the room the water closet. That's just ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

What on earth would you know about the correct terms for rooms housing toilets!!!You have started wearing your jeans in the workplace again and in your spare time ruminate on titles for ballet! why, why you are just a dilettante.

David Nichols said...

Ballet?

Anonymous said...

Don't try and gaslight me, sugar. Before you implemented the appalling new colour scheme your profile also proposed a title for a ballet inspired by children running through sprinklers.

weekend

I just get so tired. I have been extremely exhausted on weekends recently. But it might be because of the heatwaves.  So, see below. Do you ...