Friday, July 08, 2005

greek restaurant

I was coming back from the conference having delivered my paper reasonably successfully (but incredibly fast probably) with Andrea who I often see at these kinds of things when Annabel SMSd to say there were explosions on the underground. I thought she meant, the Sydney underground (my grandmother for instance had been known to refer to all of Sydney's railways as 'the underground'). So it wasn't till we met up with her in Newtown that she revealed it was the London underground. Then we went to a Greek restaurant and about 1/2 way through our meal the proprietor brought down a big screen and played BBC world news, and Tony Blair's speech etc. 37 confirmed dead they are now saying. I wonder how this is being reported in the States.

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...