Saturday, July 09, 2005

kingsford smith shitport

(This post reconfigured after being censored by the $2 internet terminal - removed words replaced in italic) I hate (yes, the machine censored the word 'hate') Sydney Airport and I am there right now with 8 mins 41 seconds of credit. I am only doing this to register to the world how bored and exhausted I am. I have been up all night and expect tomorrow I mean today to sleep all day. I had a rewarding dinner evening with friends I have known for two decades. And who I admire, love and respect. So that's OK. But what is it with taxi drivers. You get in a taxi and say I want to go to virgin blue terminal. He says, domestic or international. And I say domestic and he says, virgin blue or qantas. I suppose I should have said I want to go to the INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL, QANTAS, TO CATCH A DOMESTIC VIRGIN BLUE AEROPLANE, to Parmafucking gianna, but it only would have confused the issue. At the end of the day that is all it would have achieved. But only a few hours before I went out in the street to tell a taxi driver that his passengers Greg and Amanda and their children were about to get there. The taxi driver is on the other side of the road and he says 'you order a taxi?' and I say, yes, and the passengers will be along in a minute. So he asks me the name the taxi was ordered in and I tell him. And there is a silence. And then he says, going to Darlinghurst? Like there were a whole lot of taxis ordered to Stanmore under that surname at 3 in the morning for CRYING OUT LOUD and he just had to check this was the one going to darlinghurst because things could get really awkward amongst the massive queue of taxis... sometimes i think i am the only person who realises taxi drivers are ridiculous fools!!! [Later: perhaps I confused him by not being four people; perhaps Sydneysiders have an ongoing tease operation on taxi drivers by agreeing with, or confirming, everything they say]. Oops, got to post, about to run out of credit on this shitbox of a terminal.

No comments:

weekend

I just get so tired. I have been extremely exhausted on weekends recently. But it might be because of the heatwaves.  So, see below. Do you ...