Sunday, July 31, 2005

last night at old bar

... Ashtray Boy filled in for Grey Tapes so it was a kind of public practice for us all, particularly myself and Nicole who had even less practice than me. It all seemed to go ok, no-one stood up on a table and pointed to their arse or anything, which was a good sign. I made about two mistakes per song but they tended not to be total bloopers, more like stops because I couldn't really figure out where I was in the song, and sometimes this can be mistaken for dynamics.

The Muddy Spurs played a magnificent show for which they should be applauded. Well, they were.

Today Kathryn Clarke came over which was a welcome event and she brought this amazing organic chocolate which was unbelievable. But you had to believe it because it was there. She agreed with me that the picture I put on the toilet door was very funny, but a little undergraduate. I had purchased it at the $2 shop at Meadow Heights but get this for one dollar. Wait till you come over and see it. I always enjoy talking to Kathryn Clarke. She would qualify as one of my oldest friends. She is very, very, very old. We went for a walk in the reserve with Charlie and Millie. Millie went apeshit barking at a bicyclist and also the blimpish beagle we have met there a couple of times already, who I have now discovered is named Sadie. I would not necessarily have picked Sadie as a beagle due to her zeppelinesque figure but her temperament fits. Whereas Charlie's doesn't - that yapping and howling little menace. I ate two whole boreks today as well as a vegetable pastie. I am turning into a bit of an airship myself. Again. I was surprised to find myself boasting about my titanic qualities in the current Big Issue. What was I on when I wrote that? (A deadline?)

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...