Wednesday, September 02, 2020

everybody's got it

Not the coronavirus but the ennui that attends being forced to stay indoors and do work things via zoom. I know, I know, I KNOW one day people will be SENTIMENTAL about this time, but right now, fuck it's nasty. I seriously had three hours of zooming today (others have much more) and for real, it has messed with my head something shocking. No, not my head, or maybe my head, but also just my temperament. I feel tired and lethargic. Maybe it's not zoom maybe it's that I haven't left the house, etc etc (and nor will I, today) but it's just such a drag. 

Helmi has had a more exciting week than most. As you know, her general habit has been to stay under the bedclothes all day - usually going to bed around 10am and getting up around 7pm. Well, things have really changed. On Monday during the day I don't know what she did, but she was nowhere to be found. On Tuesday, she was in a cupboard, as I later discovered when I opened a cupboard door that I had closed earlier in the day and she leapt out. Today she did get under the bedclothes but it's clearly not agreeing with her - I saw her emerge at least once, then she returned, but she was out in public by 5pm which is unusual. So I suppose on some level she is growing up or coming out or blossoming or getting bored or something, something, so I'm glad something is happening. 

No comments:

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...