Monday, September 07, 2020

death and taxes but not in that order

...unfortunately because after a day spent trying to get my taxes in order I really start to feel that there is an upside to feeling nothing and knowing nothing ever again. I h-a-t-e doing my taxes, I know, so unusual but going over the previous year is so sad and pathetic and you are trying to piece together the things you did and why, and you're like... well I'm like... did I get reimbursed for that? Should I have? (remember I am not someone who ever really goes on holiday - or if I am on holiday - I can't stop working, so you see there is a downside to being a person who enjoys their job, you're always finding ways to make your spare time more like your job, it's gruesome). So I don't seek reimbursement for things I shouldn't, and in fact I think more commonly I pay for things out of my own pocket that I could probably be reimbursed for... 

Anyway, with luck it's all done and I don't have to worry about it for another year. I am pleased btw that these days you have a record of everything, basically, that you did so it's just syncing up the accounts and stuff, and that works fairly well. It also means you have irrefutable proof you spent what you say you did rather than those dockets that slowly fade (or quickly if they're out in the open). And you're kind of holding them up to the light and squinting and trying to tell if they're from 2019 or 2009, and whether they're for $238.99 or... you know, $000.09. 

Just a couple more things to say: I am so lucky and so glad I went to Europe last September/October when I did, for obvious reasons. Another thing: I can't seem to type properly right now. Also: I didn't leave the house once today or did I perhaps bring the bins in but that's all. 

That's basically my story of today although here is a picture of huge Helmi and tiny Nancy, and

Here's a picture of Helmi being philosophical, and
Here's a picture of Nancy licking her tail, which apparently is very enjoyable, yes yes I know the joke

'go ahead, she's your cat', it's not funny. 

No comments:

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...