Monday, January 29, 2007

the good old days director's commentary

People often ask me how I came up with Aunt Jemima and The Good Old Days with Aunt Jemima. Well, of course most of the character is based on me. When you get to an advanced age like mine - I'm nearly 42, you know, that's half way to 84! Look out George Burns! So wrap him in asbestos, geddit?

The idea for the series was a way to parody a scourge worse than political correctness and the anti-smoking lobby put together, that's right - history and old people remembering things. You know, 'ya ya I remember when that house used to be a field, and that field over there? Useta be a house.' All that stuff! You know, who cares, shut up. I'm not interested and neither are you, grandma, cuz you've forgotten what you were talking about and you've gone to sleep, you know, the big sleep, if we're all lucky.

(laughter fades)

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...