Sunday, June 26, 2005

retreat

Went to see Dave Graney at the Retreat with Keir.

When I bought Rocka etc I also purchased a tape of the Red Crayola with Art and Language's Kangaroo. Really interesting that I remember this album so incredibly well. Also really interesting that someone had that record on tape (actually, it was a tape of the cassette version, with two extra tracks). On balance it's not such a great album, certainly nowhere near as good as Soldier Talk which, no kidding, is probably my favourite album ever or at least in the top 3. The title song on Kangaroo for instance sounds like some children's theatre troupe, it's shocking. There are all these extraneous noises throughout the album - sometimes this is cool but usually it sucks. But the V. I. Lenin and Jackson Pollock songs are great... there are some masterpieces. It was great to listen to again.

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...