Wednesday, June 22, 2005

chris and marney's for dinner

A very nice night's entertainment at Chris and Marney's place last night, with Greg, Peta and John (and a cameo from Ellen) in attendance, and of course C&M's toddler Caile (or is it Caille?) (and is she a toddler? we had a debate about whether she was a baby or not) the star of the show.

I did not sleep more than three hours the night before and so after a couple of small glasses of red I fell asleep for a second and awoke under the impression that the tv, which was on the other side of the room, was going to fall over or something. I don't know really what my impression was but it woke me with a jolt. I was just tired, not bored, because we were having a good time (though admittedly Marney called me a prick because she said she was 'having a deaf moment' and I said stop shouting). (Well, I guess you had to be there). (No, actually, I guess I have to concede I was being a prick in a way, though I repeat my protest from the time that I was just joining in the general atmosphere).

They have a very nice house in Brunswick about three streets away from my sister's house and perhaps more importantly very close to I Carusi.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just perusing the "Rocka" post from June 18, hey did you ever hear back about the wrought iron gate from the WA gatemaker?

David Nichols said...

You're confused.

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...