Friday, May 15, 2020

what a beautiful day

Nancy and I are just hanging out, I'm trying to write a book chapter and she's wringing the last of the enjoyment out of the receding sunlight. My feet are blocks of friggin' ... I guess I mean fuckin'... ice, and I'm about to have a second coffee.

My biggest gripe of this week has been coffee. When I went to woolworths a few days ago they had the big pack of the brand I usually buy reduced by 50% (to $15) or the half-size pack for $16... great! Except there were none of the big pack left on the shelf. So I went to another woolworths the next day and no luck at all. When I came back to the first one (Arden Gardens) the deal was off. So I'm stuck with another brand, which I bought a cheap packet of a few weeks ago as an experiment, which tastes like metallic medicine. I can only drink it with soy milk and sugar. Weep for me.*

*Update 18 May: I was very pleased to find the half-size pack for $8 in Coles Barkley Square, and bought three. What the economics is of occasionally making this product half-price I don't know but what I do know is that it makes me unwilling to pay full price and resentful when I'm asked to. 

No comments:

return of the tree pants

  Well, actually these aren't returning they're new, and the tree never went anywhere, it's unable to do anything about this ind...