Friday, January 18, 2008

667th post

I don't have anything to add to the great sum of human reasoning I just didn't want to leave my number of postings at 666, the number of obese. I am starting out for work a little late this morning because I've ordered something from the SLV - a book by HH Smith about libraries - I know what you're thinking, HH Smith the architect who designed the Bexley Women's Rest Centre? Well, all things considered (to quote the title of a very po-faced program that the ABC takes from US national public radio over the summer) probably not that HH Smith. But I owe it to the world to make sure, as it might be. There are a lot of Smiths in the English-speaking world, all weird, but the number of H. Smiths must be much less, and H. H. Smiths significantly fewer, so it's worth the gamble ay.

Millie update: she has a cute red (it was coloured that way by dye) bandage on her foot, and I haven't been game to look in her ear yet. She can hobble around but obviously feels a bit hard done by, who wouldn't, especially anyone who doesn't understand medicine or surgery. She cannot see any value in licking the bandaged foot, so keeps licking the other three. Charlie is quietly relieved to have her back ('everything I thought was true was temporarily challenged, but was then confirmed') and so are we.

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...