Thursday, August 10, 2006

isn't that ironic?

It takes half an hour to get from Broadmeadows station to Melbourne Central station, and then half an hour to get from Melbourne Central station to Melbourne University if you count it from the moment you get on the platform at MC and then battle your way to the surface and then battle your way on to a tram which then has to battle a ludicrous procession of traffic lights including that rubbish outside the City Baths. I mean, I'm not one to complain - it's not in my nature - but when are they going to move everything closer together for my convenience? It's not as though there is anything of the slightest value between where I live and where I work, and I really think someone should consider a nip and tuck to make it all quicker. I remember a taxi driver once told me that the old Ansett building at the Swanston - Victoria corner was originally planned to have a helipad on the roof for Reg Ansett's convenience (I suppose so he could fly up from Mount Eliza) I wouldn't mind that kind of thing, there is plenty of space in the Jacana Reserve for my local helipad and then I could land on the roof of what is no longer an Ansett building but seems to be a combo apartments/indoor abseiling bullshit. The addition of the abseiling nonsense as an attraction (yo! team! live in the CBD and abseil whenever you damn well please, rain or shine, 3 am or 3 pm! Hey abseiling is my choice!!!) are obviously open to new ideas there, e.g. my helipad - well, it's an old idea but writ new by its application to me.

By the way, I have all but finished the second instalment of my graphic novel. I just have to white out and replace a couple of textual repetitions and write some text for the last two pages and there we are, all done. I think this one will be more of a success than the last one - I predict a street parade and film rights.

No comments:

the early 70s was all juxtaposition

October 1970, everyone had their arms out in the air, from Barbra to, um, whoever that is on the left, to Thumbelina. This is from the Sprin...