Wednesday, June 28, 2023

perry at 3/4

Perry is 9 months old today. This is him at my mother's house in North Carlton where he may or may not have been disincentivising poor Kenzie for coming through the dog door (they have a terse relationship a lot of which involves Perry putting his paw on Kenzie's face and barking). 

So how's it going I hear you ask. It's not plain sailing, though he is a fine dog, with a lot of good ideas, affectionate (particularly in the morning) and focused, with intelligent and interesting takes on many things. He still barks too much at other dogs, and loudly. I am weaning him off the idea that barking gets him what he wants, also, that barking is necessary at every tiny sound heard outside the gate. Baby steps. 

We do training now, only a half hour session on Sunday morning, he is not the best behaved of the dogs but not the worst either, it's just... the sight of another dog can be intoxicating, you know. 

 

No comments:

what think ye of monk

I have been watching a little bit of Monk lately. The show was on air between 2002-2009 and I never watched it then (as I recall) but I have...