Sunday, June 18, 2023

44 years ago: marcia's music

I just got interested in Mona Lisa and Terry Young again and I thought I'd have a little check of newspapers.com for them. They were guests on the second season of Marcia's tv show apparently but that's all I've gleaned from this review. Christine Hogan is no fool so I'm gonna suggest she knew 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough' wasn't and never will be a question - blame a sub. Most revelatory in this review was the information that there was once a category known as '17-39 year olds'. Wonder what else they liked (aside from The Two Ronnies and Marcia Hines?). Also, how refreshing that there was a time when we could freely complain about three black voices trying to outdo each other in shrieking the high notes, lol lol (or not). 

Sydney Sun-Herald 18 June 1979 p. 25
 

Discogs suggests that Mona Lisa and Terry Young worked together on a few more things and then they stopped working together. She made a couple of albums, one in the early 80s and another (below) in the early 90s and he was in a band called the Jaam Bros. which released an album in 1990. The end (as far as the internet is concerned, I am sure there's more). 



No comments:

what think ye of monk

I have been watching a little bit of Monk lately. The show was on air between 2002-2009 and I never watched it then (as I recall) but I have...