Friday, June 30, 2023

homicide 'rampage'

So I finally lost it with the DVD company in Qld which claimed to have a copy of Homicide volume 18 because, like, they didn't. All they wanted was to borrow a hundred dollars from me for a month (it was unavailable on the Crawfords website - presumably this company's modus operandi when it came to Crawfords material was/is to advertise it on their website and then, when people ordered it, to buy it from Crawfords and onsell it adding a big percentage. I suppose that's a thing that happens). 

So here we are at volume 19. The first episode is called Rampage and it's interesting on a couple of fronts. One is the use of George Spartels playing a man who is not Greek, Italian or in any way 'other' (aside from the fact he's a nutty murderer). His character's name is Simon, and he defs has a thing for Cornelia Frances, who's his psychologist. He kills three strangers for unexplained reasons which appear somehow to be related to his thing for Corny, though it's not spelled out (alright I wasn't paying attention 100% of the time maybe there was something). (You watch it and tell me). 
The other interesting thing to me is a lot of imagery of the roof of Princes Bridge station, which in my memory was always this kind of a desert. In fact three people using it was probably a bit of a crowd. 

(Also, the Gas and Fuel towers - whatever). 



I know it's mean to say this and not my place either but I am alway surprised when Cornelia Frances is cast as a glamorous hottie. Perhaps I am just more used to her cast, as she often was, as an older woman, stern and severe.

Anyway this was a decent enough episode I guess. There was a weird, somehow inappropriate, song played a couple of times - a ballad which seemed to be sung from the pov of a man let down by a woman. Which might have been Simon's mindset in some sense but in another, he was an insane murderer. 

No comments:

what think ye of monk

I have been watching a little bit of Monk lately. The show was on air between 2002-2009 and I never watched it then (as I recall) but I have...