Wednesday, October 06, 2021

who the fuck wuz steve jobs (from ten years ago)

Pic of BJ stolen from The New Yorker 5/10/11

Sorry, but I am shocked by the amount of public grief over Steve Jobs today, 6 October 2011. I am so shocked I am not going to say anything about it on, f'rinstance, Facebook because it seems everybody loved him like a brother. Who was he, and who cares? I'm sorry, I just don't get it.
I am in Edinburgh - Bert Jansch's hometown - and he died today too. That seems more important to me, out of the two, though let's face it neither were personally known to me.
When this post comes to light, cancer will have been cured, so it will seem almost funny to talk about death from cancer (like, Houdini died of a cold or whatever it was).
I am terminally disoriented in Edinburgh but I like it well enough. It's rainy. I wish I had more time to do stuff here but I won't. I am sort of really tired anyway. Probably got cancer. What I do definitely have is a weird pain in my back-shoulder-neck which just isn't going away. It wakes me up in the morning and the only thing that improves it is getting up and doing things. Even then it hurts to sneeze or yawn. Suxs. Anyway, greetings from the past, I'm mortified Steve Jobz iz deadd (that was how we used to write in 2011).

No comments:

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...