Saturday, October 09, 2021

more spray-on british


I think I mentioned when I discussed my rabbit hole re the Instant Pressure Pak Spray-On British Show that I would be doing more research and in a manner of speaking I am but it will take a bit more real print media research to get any further I suspect (old TV Weeks or something). However, I did purchase cheap a couple of Marty Feldman books online* and they finally showed up this week. In his (extremely posthumously published) autobiography, eyE Marty, Feldman barely mentions Australia but does say:

'The live shows went really well in Australia and the people were lovely.

'We did a show for telly too, which included footage of me at the Sydney Zoo talking to the animals and fooling around. We planned to go back one day and see the whole country, get a bit of a far-off culture into us.' (p. 202). 

A few pictures accompany this infuriatingly unspecific text like the one above, uncaptioned and really unclear. 

* Apparently I was also interested in MF 13 years ago. I had forgotten this but that is why blogs R good

No comments:

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...