Monday, October 25, 2021

jet planes overhead


So I'm not 100% certain but I think I've completed the nine illustrations commissioned for a new book of poetry which I'll reveal more detail about closer to publication date. I don't know which one I'm happiest with, they're all good in their way (my least favourite is the one I did first - makes sense doesn't it - it took me a while to find my way with this). I like this one because the replicated drawing of the fighter jet has a kind of hipgnosis feel to it, something you'd get on the inner sleeve of a mid-70s Wings album maybe. As you will see when you buy the finished book, there's a whole bunch of recurring motifs throughout, though not in every picture. Anyway. I'm rather surprised that I came up with something I really don't hate. 

No comments:

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...