Sunday, November 30, 2008

zeitgeist

On Friday night, when Mia was cleaning up/ rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic the music room, I had an odd urge to play Julian Cope's album World shut your mouth. It's a good record, and I say ' odd' because I hadn't had that urge for ten years or so, though bits of the music come to me at strange times. Anyway I put it on and played through one side, then I think I went to bed and she kept moving things around. Flash forward twenty four hours and we are at Northcote Social Club, and Julian Cope's first album comes on the PA. Zeitgeisty enough for you? Well, then, when I go to get the car at 2 am and turn the radio on, what's on? Julian Cope's band The Teardrop Explodes. About half an hour later, we drop Carla off in Coburg and there is a detour required in O'hea street due to roadworks so I have to go back east. And as I do this we are discussing this strange emergence of a Julian Cope theme to things. And guess what. First street to the left off O'hea is... Cope St.

No comments:

today's pants