Sunday, November 02, 2008

sunday 2 nov

This morning early I took M&C out for the usual park walk, they hadn't been in a position to get in the water since they were washed last weekend, and so they were busting to stink up, which they did. Millie in particular smells ghastly today and I suppose they need another wash, though it's apparently going to rain all week so this might not be such a doable thing.

Today was a surprise birthday incident for my father (70 tomorrow). It went, surprisingly, without a hitch despite (word has it) Lina saying to him on the phone yesterday, 'see you at your birthday lunch tomorrow' - he either heard this and didn't take it in, or didn't hear it, or forgot it, or was just a good actor when it came to the surprise element, but I don't think so. Anyway, this is his and Tanya's new whippet, whose name is Beth or Bess I'm not sure. I think Bess.










Here are some of my nepheices with Bess, who had to be tied up a short distance from the lunch table.









Here are Mia, my father, and my father's friends Malcolm and Betsy at the luncheon table.

1 comment:

Ann ODyne said...

oh dear Bess.
She could have been
DEVO, as in whippet-Good.

I hope she and your dad have a good life together.

return of the tree pants

  Well, actually these aren't returning they're new, and the tree never went anywhere, it's unable to do anything about this ind...