Sunday, March 18, 2007

exile

Last night we went to Exile on Smith Street to see Go Genre Everything and Mum Smokes, also there was a band playing called either Flying Scribble or Flying Scrabble (they were spoken about, and written about on the chalkboard, with both names). FS were pretty amazing actually, I would definitely go and see them again, love that drummer-multi keyboard combination. Go Genre Everything are pretty much everything I want in a rock band these days, because I love that drummer-guitarist combination, also they have funny ideas. Mum Smokes are Important and I don't mean that sarcastically at all. They just merely are. Karl didn't sing enough songs. I think he only sang one. And he didn't sing in his Kes voice which was interesting.

We got to watch from the up the stairs part, very Deadwood, I expected the whores to come out any moment, but seriously, they didn't.

Very gratified to discover that the use of 'sexx' in my label for the last post has boosted my traffic, though not as much as I thought it might.

No comments:

the early 70s was all juxtaposition

October 1970, everyone had their arms out in the air, from Barbra to, um, whoever that is on the left, to Thumbelina. This is from the Sprin...