Tuesday, March 14, 2006

werribee

I always wondered if Werribee was an Aboriginal word meaning 'where I be'. I was stuck there too long this morning when my stupid Geelong train was late. This meant I had to take a taxi from the station rather than a bus. $21.
Taxi driver: Train is late.
Me: I know.
Taxi driver: Twenty minutes late.
Me: Yes
Taxi driver: Bus leaves at 10 past 8.
Me: That's right.
Picture shows nothing, but if the sun had come up properly it would have shown the interesting 1980s seat/protuberance structure at Werribee station. Also to the right the 1847 (it says on a plaque) station building, concreted sandstone. I wonder when the concrete was applied.

No comments:

weekend

I just get so tired. I have been extremely exhausted on weekends recently. But it might be because of the heatwaves.  So, see below. Do you ...