Thursday, July 23, 2026

tax time

Doing my tax always puts me in a weird place, partly I'm forced to remember things I have done over the previous 12 months which is hard but once I'm in that place I feel OK about it. Sometimes when I'm looking through my credit card transactions and see where we went for dinner to that African place in Victoria st and then went to that bar in Queensberry st afterwards, I am like, wow that happened and it's provable. But in the main it's just... fuck I can't believe how much I fucking spend on... whatever. There are actually some massive, like hundreds of dollars, supermarket transactions that actually make no sense at all. But you know, Woolworths wouldn't rip me off so... I don't know. 

The fact is I don't really understand tax returns anyway, or at least only in the most basic way. I am a rube. I feel like it's bad karma to think/worry about it too much. 




This cartoon dedicated to Pauline Hanson, who at time of writing is enjoying some prominence. 

No comments:

tax time

Doing my tax always puts me in a weird place, partly I'm forced to remember things I have done over the previous 12 months which is hard...