Saturday, July 25, 2026

delta 5.1

I mentioned a few days ago my mild disappointment at Delta 5's only 'real' album, See the Whirl', not least that fucking apostrophe. I'll have a second go at that if you don't mind.

I've been playing it (interspersed with the sumptuous French Disco and Boogie Sounds 1975-1984) pretty much all week, at least, when I play a record. For a first album, it's actually very excellent. It has range and there's a couple of tracks that really take the whole D5 project beyond the realm of the first three singles (which are brilliant, faultless but like the Buzzcocks, you can't do that forever). I particularly like the song 'Telephone' which is very, very Au Pairs-y and in a very good way. It's here if you're interested. If you feel sentimental about getting crank calls on your landline (oo-er) that song will do it for ya. 

No comments:

delta 5.1

I mentioned a few days ago my mild disappointment at Delta 5's only 'real' album, See the Whirl', not least that fucking ap...